The HRC Veteran’s Administration Supportive Services for Veteran Families Grant (SSVF) provides emergency housing assistance and supportive services to homeless and at-risk very low-income Veterans and their families in Monterey, San Benito, and Santa Cruz Counties who are homeless or in imminent danger of becoming homeless.
Eligible Veteran families are provided with outreach, case management, supportive services, and assistance in obtaining VA and community benefits. Based on eligibility, supportive services may include:
· Child care services
· Housing counseling services
· Emergency Financial Assistance
· Security Deposit Guarantees
· Smart Money Skill$ Financial Literacy Education
· Emergency utility payments and deposits
· Emergency transportation assistance
· Legal services
· Other services as available
HRC may provide time-limited payments to third parties (e.g., landlords, utility companies, moving companies, and licensed child care providers) if these payments help Veteran families stay in or acquire permanent housing on a sustainable basis.
For more information on HRC Veteran Assistance Programs, please call (831) 424-9186 or email Program Manager, Art Perez, at ArtP@hrcmc.org